The Ultimate List of 50 Clutter-Free Gift Ideas for Kids
Giving just the right gifts to kids is an art form that has taken me years to develop. I remember as a young Mom, I often focused the most on finding great deals on toys and grabbing as many as I could to fill the room on Christmas morning.
And then I remember the feeling on the day after Christmas when the toys and all their pieces were still filling the room and I began to ask myself if I had just spent a lot of time and money buying gifts that just added another layer of clutter to our home.
Since then, I have changed my focus when it comes to gift giving. I no longer buy a gift just because it’s a great deal. If my child won’t enjoy it, wear it or read it for hours, then it won’t find its way under the tree.
We also love to give experiential gifts. I consider giving my child an event, membership or subscription like the gift that keeps on giving. As an added bonus, I can find my living room floor on the day after Christmas!
Here are 50 ideas for Clutter-Free Gifts for Kids this Christmas:
(Thanks to my friend Heidi for her help with this list!)
- Pool Passes
- Museum Passes
- Zoo Passes
- Audible subscription
- Digital Books
- Board Games for family game nights
- Ear Piercing
- Sporting Events tickets
- Netflix Subscription
- Educational class to learn a new skill (cooking, art, dance, sport, etc)
- Summer Camp
- Music Lessons
- Fishing or Hunting License
- Swimming Lessons
- Science Kit
- Kiwi Crate Subscription
- Adventures in Odyssey Subscription
- Tool sets
- Cookbook and utensils
- Gardening tools and seeds
- Bedding or room decor
- Coupon book for them to redeem: one chore done by mom/dad, cooking night with mom/dad, date night with parent to restaurant of choice, fishing trip with parent, crafting/project time with parent, etc.
- Instrument or dance lessons
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Movie Tickets
- SparkleStories (audio story subscription by age)
- Ice skating
- Snow tubing
- Ski or Snowboard lessons
- Concert Tickets
- iTune gift card
- Outdoor Games for Kids
- Dress ups or Play Scarves
- Round Table Puzzle
- LeapFrog Leap Reader Reading and Writing System
- CD Player
- Bean bag chair or reading pillow
- National Park Pass
- Gift Certificate to host a party with their friends (video games, sports, spa, cooking, etc)
- Gift Card for favorite restaurant
- Pley.com subscription (LEGO and toy rental)
- Kids Play Tent
- Their own library card
- Redbox Gift Certificate
How about you? Have any ideas you would add to the list?
Want 100 more Clutter-Free Gift Ideas for the whole family? Click here to grab your free download and let’s choose less over stress together this Christmas!
You might also like: The BIG List of Stocking Stuffers under $5 from Amazon